What are some of the different names of God?
Here's the answer:
The Bible gives us many different names for God. In fact, there are so many, we can’t even list them all here!
Many of God’s names tell us something about who He is and what He does. Here are just a few, along with their definitions:
▪ Elohim (Ee-low-heem): The Strong One, the All-Powerful Creator
▪ El Elyon (El El-ee-yon): The Most High God
▪ Yahweh (Yah-way): The Jewish people use this name for God, which means "Lord"
▪ Adonai (add-oh-nye): the Master
▪ El-Shaddai (El Sha-dye): The All-Powerful One, the Only True God
▪ Jehovah-Jireh (Yeh-how-vah Yi-ra): The Lord Will Provide
▪ Jehovah Rapha (Yeh-how-vah Raw-fa): The Lord Who Heals
▪ Jehovah Shalom (Yeh-how-vah Sha-lome): The Lord Is Peace
Ask a parent or other adult to help you find more names of God. Each one tells you more about who God is. He’s so amazing, the list of His names goes on and on!
"He said, 'I am the LORD your God. Listen carefully to my voice. Do what is right in my eyes. Pay attention to my commands. Obey all of my rules. If you do, I will not send on you any of the sicknesses I sent on the Egyptians. I am the Lord who heals you (Jehovah Rapha)'" (Exodus 15:26).
"So Abraham named that place The LORD Will Provide. To this day people say, 'It will be provided on the mountain of the LORD'" (Genesis 22:14).
"So Gideon built an altar to honor the LORD there. He called it The LORD Is Peace (Jehovah Shalom)" (Judges 6:24).