What are the attributes of God?
Here's the answer:
An attribute is something that tells us who a person is. Attributes are character qualities.
God has many, many attributes, and all of them are good. Just about any good word you can think of will describe God! Here are just a few of His attributes:
• God is love. He loves everyone He created with a perfect love, and He sent His own Son to die for our sins because He loves us so much. "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life" (John 3:16).
• God is perfect, without sin. "...The Lord is honest. He is my Rock, and there is no evil in him" (Psalm 92:15).
• God is powerful. He can do anything, and nothing is impossible for Him. "Great is our Lord. His power is mighty..." (Psalm 147:5).
• God is omniscient, which means He is all-knowing. "...There is no limit to his understanding" (Psalm 147:5).
• God is omnipresent, which means He is everywhere at all times. "How can I get away from your Spirit? Where can I go to escape from you? If I go up to the heavens, you are there. If I lie down in the deepest parts of the earth, you are also there" (Psalm 139:7–8).
• God is holy. There is nothing and no one else like Him. "...Holy, holy, holy is the Lord who rules over all. The whole earth is full of his glory" (Isaiah 6:3).
These are just a few of the attributes of God. You can read God’s Word, the Bible, to find out more!
"When you look for me [God] with all your heart, you will find me" (Jeremiah 29:13).
"The LORD is our God. The LORD is the one and only God" (Deuteronomy 6:4).